Chyangba Village lies at a height of 3500m, in the north of Kathmandu and is approximately 400Km away from the city. The village does not lie on the trekker’s trail so development has been very slow. Yet the natural beauty and the rich cultural heritage make this village a unique place on earth. There are about 150 houses inhabited by many ethnic groups such as Sherpas, Rai, Magar, Newar, Tamang, Chhetris, Brahmins, Viswakarma, Sunuwar, etc. People here are mostly farmers, growing potato, apple, maize, wheat, barley, peach, radish, buckwheat, millet, etc. Every Friday, people bring their crops to sell or exchange for rice, tea, salt, oil, butter, spices, soaps etc. There are many species of rhododendron growing at this height. There are also many wild strawberries growing in the nearby forests. During mushroom season, people collect different varieties of edible mushrooms from the nearby forest.
Friday market is an attraction to see where people come from nearby villages to sell their products. Once a year there is a shaman ritual when people gather near a water stream to watch shamans perform unusual practices when they worship their spiritual gurus. Mani Rimdu is another unique Buddhist festival that happens at the Chyangba Gompa where Buddhist monks wear different deities’ masks and robes and perform dances. This is when all the villagers come and socialize. Wild animals like bear, jackal, white and red monkey and many different kind of birds can be seen. Depending upon your luck, you might even encounter a Himalayan Tiger or a leopard. The Pikey Trek is a comfortable trekking route among the others treks with pikey peak (4,068m) being one of the tallest mountains of Solu (lowland of Everest region). Name of the Pikey is taken from the two names of the Sherpa people. It is well known for its majestic sunrises, Himalayan range, Sherpa culture and their traditions. This trail begains way through Jiri, Shivalaya, Bhandra, Namkheli, Ngaur to reach the Pikey Danda(Hill) Chyangba village, Bhitta kharka and Phaplu.
The Pikey Trek is renowned for its sunrise and sunset and magnificent views of the Himalayan range of Mt. Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjungha, Gauri Shankar, Lhotse Shar, Numbur, Khatang, Karyalung, Annapurna, Nuptse, Amadablam, Shishapangma, Thamserku and Mera peak etc. The pikey Trek Base Camp trekking is one of the most popular trekking trails of the Everest region, probably one of the lower elevation view points to see the Mt. Everest (8,848m). It is famous for because of having marvelous Himalayan scenery including the mountains range, the Rhododendron flower, Magnolia and wild orchids and the festival season in August that includes a cleansing ritual: thousand of devotees walk to the lake for the festival from village all around Solukhumbu.
This trek is approximately 15-16 days in length and start from Jiri. The main highlight of this trail is observing local monasteries; the Chewang monastery will be the best opportunity to explore spiritual paths. Also you could be able to observe different culture, languages, life style of the Tamang, Magar and Sherpa’s. Dramatic scenery of mountains, Main walls, Buddhist Stupas , Landscape, Himalayan floras and faunas, an ancient monasteries and splendid high altitude vegetation etc are the main attraction of this trail. While trekking passing through Pikey peak you will be able to experience sunrise views surrounded by mountain peaks like Kanchenjunga, Dhaulagiri and including Everest.
- All airport/hotel transfers,
- 4 nights in Kathmandu with breakfast,
- A full day sightseeing around Kathmandu valley including tour guide,
- Ground Transportations and Entrance fees,
- Phaplu-Kathmandu airplane flight & departure taxes,
- Food and Accommodation during camping trekking (full board service – breakfast, lunch and dinner + hot water),
- An experienced English speaking trekking & climbing guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging,
- All necessary paper works,
- Wongchu Peak Promotion Trekking duffel bag and trekking map,
- Travel and rescue arrangements,
- Insurance of Nepali Staff,
- Special Welcome and Farewell Dinner.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary,
- If required to change from airplane to helicopter to/from Phaplu due to weather issues, the additional cost of the helicopter will be shared amongst clients,
- Personal trekking gear,
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner),
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek,
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower etc.),
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs,
- Tips for guides and porters.
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits