Sanskrit Dhaula means white, beautiful and giri meaning mountain. It was discovered by the westerns in 1808. Unknowingly, it was counted as the highest mountain before the discovery of Mt. Kanchenjunga. Dhaulagiri is an exhilarating and adventurous circuit trekking of the worlds 7th highest mountain, Dhaulagiri, 8167 m/ and its massif which includes several soaring 7000 m peaks and the trek around Dhaulagiri gets you off the beaten track and is ideal for those looking for an exciting and adventure trek through remote highlands, the route passes through rugged terrain with astonishing natural beauty that very few visitors have ever witnessed.
The scenery is unforgettable and the challenging trek crosses several mountain passes, including French pass 5360, Thapa pass 5,200m, trails is a strenuous and demand some mountaineering knowledge and besides of Dhaulagiri base camp trek you will get the beautiful opportunity to explore the amazing lifestyle of Magar, Gurung and Thakali people and their culture. The most beautiful sceneries wait at the base camp of Dhaulagiri at French passes and at the hidden valley immediately after crossing French pass, the Dhampus pass between Tukeche peak and Thapa peak offers other stunning views. The Dhaulagiri Himal, a subrange of the Himalayas lies in the Dhaulagiri zone of north-central Nepal and northwest of Pokhara. Dhaulagiri is separated from the Annapurna region by Kali Gandaki gorge, the deepest gorge in the world.
This region, considered to be one of the most remote places of Nepal, has an abundance of Himalayan peaks, hidden valleys, high passes, and sweeping vistas. The Trans-Himalayan journey is quiet, peaceful and full of adventure and excitement. Trekking in this area is relatively strenuous but trekkers willing to spend their holidays amid nature and natural surroundings full of peace and tranquility choose this “off the beaten track” trekking destination.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Government license holder experienced, trekking and camping guide (trained in
- Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness), porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis), cook, helpers with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van and Flights depends on Clients requirement and budget.
- Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals for trekking and camping (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- All camping gears (waterproof dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent, etc) with High-quality tents.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas, etc.
- Permits for Expedition
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Above the Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Welcome/Farewell Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- If required to change from airplane to helicopter to/from Pokhara due to weather issues, the additional cost of the helicopter will be shared amongst clients.
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
Boots, Crampons, Gaiters
- Light Hiking Boots
- 8000m Climbing Boots
- Ice Axe
- Seat Harness
- Locking Carabineers
- 2 folding – ski pole
- Polypro or Capaline long underwear (4sets)
- Pile jacket and pants (pants must have full separating side zips)
- Gore Tex shells (top and bottoms must have full separating side zips)
- Down jacket (medium & heavy weight)
Mitts & Gloves
- Light synthetic gloves (Capaline or polypropylene)
- Wool (or pile) mitts & Gore-Tex overmitts
- Wool or pile socks
- Head lamp (spare bulbs & batteries)
- Glacier sun glasses
- Wool or pile hat
- Sleeping bag (expedition quality) rated -15 &40 f
- Sleeping pads
- Pee bottle
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (maximum block)
- Lip sunscreen
- Large duffel bag (provided by Wongchhu Peak)
- Toiletry bag
- Travel Clothes
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Small day pack for trekking days