Tamang Heritage Trek is an amazing trek offering travelers a peek into the culture and lifestyle of the Tamang people who are the mountain dwellers of the Langtang region. The Tamang heritage trail is a newly opened trekking route located between Mount Langtang and Ganesh Himal.
Lying just north of the Kathmandu Valley, the Tamang Heritage Trail is perhaps the most accessible trekking region in Nepal. Langtang is the region of ancient Tibetan Monasteries, Rhododendron and Bamboo Forests, Majestic Waterfalls, Snow-Capped Himalayas, & many sacred lakes, reflecting the solitude and the serenity of the Himalayan scenery.
Tamang is the indigenous inhabitant of the Langtang region of Nepal. The ethnic group has held its traditional lifestyle which hasn’t changed much since the beginning of the settlement. The exposure to the unique culture and lifestyle of the Tamang, their warm welcome, their traditional mountain houses, ancient monasteries, Gompas add makes the trail all more exciting.
The craftsmanship, dress, traditionally built stone-mud houses and the beautifully carved wooden porches in Tamang villages are widely appreciated. If the trekking is done during the festival time like Lhosar, the trekkers can observe the traditional Syabru dance, Khamba dance and other wonderful performances.
- Airport – Hotel transfers,
- Hotel in KTM for 2 nights pre and 1 night post trek (total 3 nights) , including breakfast on a twin-sharing basis,
- City tour of Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Swyambhunath,
- Transportation, tour guide and entrance tickets during city tour,
- Tourist Bus from Ktm-Syabrubesi-Ktm,
- National park entrance fee,
- Teahouse trekking accommodations including food,
- Boiled water, tea, coffee, including all food,
- Guides & porters during trek,
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag and trekking map,
- Salary & insurance for all Nepali staff,
- Welcome & Farewell Dinners.
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner),
- Extra night accommodations in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary,
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek,
- Personal trekking equipment,
- All personal expenses, including Nepal Visa (for country entrance),
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance,
- All other additional charges for additional services, including recommended TIP,
- Additional tips for tour guide, others as one sees fit,
- Personal purchases.
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits