The Pikey Trek is renowned for its sunrise and sunset and magnificent views of the Himalayan range of Mt. Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjungha, Gauri Shankar, Lhotse Shar, Numbur, Khatang, Karyalung, Annapurna, Nuptse, Amadablam, Shishapangma, Thamserku and Mera peak, etc. The pikey Trek Base Camp trekking is one of the most popular trekking trails of the Everest region, probably one of the lower elevation viewpoints to see the Mt. Everest (8,848m). It is famous for because of having marvelous Himalayan scenery including the mountains range, the Rhododendron flower, Magnolia and wild orchids and the festival season in August that includes a cleansing ritual: thousand of devotees walk to the lake for the festival from the village all around Solukhumbu.
This trek is approximately 12-13 days in length and starts from Jiri. The main highlight of this trail is observing local monasteries; the Chewang monastery will be the best opportunity to explore spiritual paths. Also, you could be able to observe a different culture, languages, lifestyle of the Tamang, Magar, and Sherpa’s. The dramatic scenery of mountains, Main walls, Buddhist Stupas, Landscape, Himalayan floras and faunas, ancient monasteries and splendid high altitude vegetation, etc are the main attraction of this trail. While trekking passing through Pikey peak you will be able to experience sunrise views surrounded by mountain peaks like Kanchenjunga, Dhaulagiri and including Everest.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 4 nights Kathmandu in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide, Transportations, and entrance fees
- Transportation cost from Kathmandu -Dhap - Chuplubhangyang - Kathmandu
- Food and Accommodation during camping trekking (full board service – breakfast, lunch, and dinner + hot water)
- An experienced English speaking trekking & climbing guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging
- All necessary paper works (National Park Fee )
- TIMS (card)
- Wongchu Peak Promotion Trekking duffel bag, Cap and trekking map
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Insurance for Nepali Staff
- Special Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- If required to change from airplane to helicopter to/from Phaplu due to weather issues, the additional cost of the helicopter will be shared amongst clients.
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
- Tips for guides and porters
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits