The Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most beautiful as well as famous trekking journeys of Nepal. Why trek to Everest when there are so many other less frequented treks in the Nepal Himalaya, like Ganesh Himal? “Because it’s there” is good enough reason for most, since it is the highest mountain in the world. However, as dominating as Everest is, there are many other reasons to trek in the Khumbu Region.
Of all the trekking regions in the Nepal Himalayan, it is to the Everest Khumbu region that those seeking a peek at the highest mountain on the earth come. Iconic Mt. Everest has exerted a powerful draw for a century now. By following this route, you will be following in the footsteps of great mountaineers like Reinhold Messner, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. As you climb through the foothills of the world’s highest mountain, the terrain soars on all sides like jagged shards of glass. The trails are steep and the altitude hangs on your muscles like a diving belt, but the sense of achievement at the end of the trek is quite profound.
But this region also holds added delights apart from Mount Everest, for the wealth of the culture is as fascinating and varied as the many peaks on display. The Everest region’s trails are now being integrated into the great Himalayan Trail network. Fit and adventure trekkers can bag a couple of demanding lesser summits for a grander perspective.
The Everest Base Camp Trek leads Together with the beauty of the Himalayas, the trek is culturally enticing which makes it the trek of a lifetime for the trekkers. Experience the Khumbu’s many majestic features, go through amazing mountain valleys and revel in the region’s awe-inspiring hallmarks. Similarly, observe the legendary Sherpa Culture of the Khumbu region. Embarking a journey that was first done by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa in 1953 is a matter of immense pride and glory. Brace yourself for the most exotic and beauteous journey of your lifetime!
- Airport – Hotel transfers in KTM
- Hotel in KTM for 2nights pre and two nights post trek, including breakfast on double occupancy
- City tour of Boudhanath,Pashupatinath and Swyambhunath before trip
- Transportation, tour guide and entrance tickets during city tour
- Flight from helicopter KTM –LUKLA -KTM
- Everest National park entrance fees
- Teahouse trekking accommodations
- Boiled water, tea, Fruits, coffee, including all food– water bottles throughout.
- Guides & porters during trek
- Duffel bag with both Wongchhu Peak Promotion and trekking map.
- Daily dispatches on wppnepal.com
- Salary & insurance for all Nepali staff.
- Tips for driver, bell boy, airport helper, tour guide
- Welcome & Farewell Dinners with Alcohol
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner)
- Extra night accommodations in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary If required to change from airplane to helicopter flight to/from Lukla (i.e. weather) , additional costs will be shared by clients.
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek - Personal trekking equipment
- All personal expenses, including Nepal Visa (for country entrance)
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance
- All other additional charges for additional services, including recommended TIP.
Additional tips for tour guide, others as one sees fit.
- Personal purchases
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Provided by WPP
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits
All the equipment can be purchased and some of the equipment can be rented in Nepal at reasonable price.