Taplejung is one of the most beautiful areas in eastern Nepal with spectacular landscape, the Himalayan peak of heights above 7000 m and a wide range of flora and fauna. Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586 m), the world’s third largest peak lies in this region.
Pathibhara goddess is worshiped by both Hindu and Buddhist followers. Local people believe that Pathibhara Devi is a wish-fulfilling goddess. Mainly those who do not have a son worship her as there is a common belief that she gives a son and wealth. The trek to Pathibhara Devi (3794 m) combined with the natural and cultural experiences of the region make the visit a uniquely exhilarating experience.
It is best to do this tour in March, April, May, September, October, November, and December. You will also know about the outline of the culture of Limbu as you pass through the villages and spend your nights. The monasteries that you visit in Olangchung Gola are beautiful, and the waterfall that you see at Sawa and the pond of Timbung are awe-inspiring. The eco-system of this region has been well-preserved, and you will also find it intact as you see different species of birds. Walking in this region is exciting.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 nights Kathmandu in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide, Transportations and entrance fees
- Kathmandu- Bhadrapur-Kathmandu airplane flight and departure taxes OR Tourist Bus for both
- Food and Accommodation during trekking (full board service – breakfast, lunch and dinner + hot water)
- An experienced English speaking trekking guide and porters to carry luggage including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion Trekking duffel bag
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Insurance for Nepali Staff
- Special Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits
All the equipment can be purchased and some of the equipment can be rented in Nepal at reasonable price.