Dolpo region is situated between the Tibetan plateau and the Dhaulagiri ranges. Trekking in Nepal’s Dolpo region allows you to experience the grandeur of Nepal’s rugged and remote far west. Dolpo borders Tibet, where the culture and much of the landscape is reminiscent of its northern neighbour. The western part of the district is home to the She-Phoksundo National Park, which is Nepal’s largest.
As well as being remote, Western Nepal is also underdeveloped and quite poor. Tourism infrastructure in Dolpo is not what it is in much of Nepal, and it is necessary to camp and carry your own food supplies. Permits are expensive, and you cannot trek in Upper Dolpo independently.
Upper Dolpo trek is a long trek categorized as a strenuous one. You take two flights to reach to Dolpo and pass through villages of lower Dolpo to reach Shey-Phoksundo Lake. Shey-Phoksundo lake is the ultimate attraction of Dolpo.
Further up high in the mountains is the restricted region – Upper Dolpo. You trek on a high trail through old settlements and high passes to take you to the unexplored part of Dolpo. You can visit several monasteries, explore villages, make friends and enjoy the rawness of Upper Dolpo.
In general, Upper Dolpo Trek lasts for 27 days. Remember, the itinerary can be customized as per your objective, span of your vacation and your preference.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast on sharing basis
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Nepalgunj -Jhupal round trip)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion trekking duffel bag, cap and trekking map
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Daily Dispatches on: www.wppnepal.com
- Welcome and Farewell dinner
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner)
- Extra night accommodations in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary If required to change from airplane to helicopter flight to/from Lukla (i.e. weather) , additional costs will be shared by clients.
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek - Personal trekking equipment
- All personal expenses, including Nepal Visa (for country entrance)
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance
- All other additional charges for additional services, including recommended TIP.
Additional tips for tour guide, others as one sees fit.
- Personal purchase
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits