Mount Churen Himal 7371m (24,183ft) was first climbed on the 24th of October by the Academic Alpine Club of Shizuoka Expedition team in 1970 by Mr. Kr. Fukui and K. Hasegawa. Mr. Ryozo Yamamoto and his group had planned to climb since 1963 but the expedition unfortunately did not materialize until 1970. Members of the Academic Alpine Club of Shizuoka, Japan climbed the main peak (West Peak) of Churen Himal (7371m) and the Central Peak (about 7371m) on 28 and 24October, 1970 from the Southeast ridge which was lead by Takashi Serizawa.
The trekking caravan route goes from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Darbang by tourist bus and jeep. The trekking starts from Darbang. Normally it takes 5 days to reach the Churen Himal South base camp via Dharpatan, Takum, Lumsung, Gurja, Burjung Kharkaand Darsing Kharka. The base camp is located at 4800m/15,748ft. Wongchhu Peak Promotion will fix three high camps: Camp I(5700m/17,700ft)Camp II (6200M/20341ft)Camp III(6700m/21,981ft). As per the climbing route and the condition of the mountain and weather forecast the best season is April, May in spring and October, November in the autumn season.
Wongchhu Peak Promotion provides a comprehensive service organizing all necessary permits, climbing documentation, logistics including airfares, ground transportation, porters, food along the trek and other individual services required by clients. Wongchhu Peak advises clients to use a personal climbing Sherpa guide (which we will provide) to help you reach the summit. Your personal climbing Sherpa will set up camps above basecamp with food provisions, fuel and oxygen as well as guide the climber to summit.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Domestic flights
- Ground Transportation
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Government license holder experienced, climbing & trekking guide (trained in
- Wilderness First Aid & altitude sickness), porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis), cook, helpers with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van and Flights depends on Clients requirement and budget.
- Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals for trekking and camping (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- All camping gears (waterproof dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent, etc) with High-quality tents.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas, etc.
- Permits for Expedition
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Above the Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Welcome/Farewell Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- If required to change from airplane to helicopter to/from Pokhara due to weather issues, the additional cost of the helicopter will be shared amongst clients.
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Alcohol and Beverages during the trek and climbing season
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & any medical costs.
Boots, Crampons, Gaiters
- Light Hiking Boots
- 8000m Climbing Boots
- Ice Axe
- Seat Harness
- Locking Carabineers
- 2 folding – ski pole
- Polypro or Capaline long underwear (4sets)
- Pile jacket and pants (pants must have full separating side zips)
- Gore Tex shells (top and bottoms must have full separating side zips)
- Down jacket (medium & heavy weight)
Mitts & Gloves
- Light synthetic gloves (Capaline or polypropylene)
- Wool (or pile) mitts & Gore-Tex overmitts
- Wool or pile socks
- Head lamp (spare bulbs & batteries)
- Glacier sun glasses
- Wool or pile hat
- Sleeping bag (expedition quality) rated -15 &40 f
- Sleeping pads
- Pee bottle
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen (maximum block)
- Lip sunscreen
- Large duffel bag (provided by Wongchhu Peak)
- Toiletry bag
- Travel Clothes
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Small day pack for trekking days