Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo lakes and Gokyo Ri which is one of the most amazing viewpoints for great views of Everest and other Himalayas. The 14-day trip begins in Kathmandu where we visit several heritage sites. The Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is an alternative to classical treks in the Everest region. Instead, it takes us to the turquoise Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri which provides exceptional views of Everest and the Himalayas. We also get to marvel at the massive Ngozumpa Glacier and the Gokyo valley from Gokyo Ri.
Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri trek is for those who like to walk in the Everest region without the physical stress of reaching the base camp of Everest or crossing high passes in the vicinity. It is instead for travelers who wish to try something new in the Everest region.
- Airport – Hotel transfers in KTM
- Hotel in KTM for 2nights pre and two nights post trek (total 4 nights) , including breakfast on a twin-sharing basis
- City tour of Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Swyambhunath
- Transportation, tour guide and entrance tickets during city tour
- Flight from KTM-Lukla-KTM via airplane.
- Khumbu Entrance Fee
- Everest National park entrance fees
- Teahouse trekking accommodations including food
- Boiled water, tea, coffee, including all food
- Guides & porters during trek.
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag and trekking map.
- Salary & insurance for all Nepali staff.
- Welcome & Farewell Dinners
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner)
- Extra night accommodations in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- If required to change from airplane to helicopter flight to/from Lukla (i.e. weather) , additional costs will be shared by clients.
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- All personal expenses, including Nepal Visa (for country entrance)
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance
- All other additional charges for additional services, including recommended TIP.
- Additional tips for tour guide, others as one sees fit.
- Personal purchases
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits
All the equipment can be purchased and some of the equipment can be rented in Nepal at reasonable price.