Helambu Trek is a short and easy trek nearby Kathmandu valley. It is famous for the trekkers who would like to enjoy its scenery and favorable climate. It is located about 72 km from Kathmandu valley. It extends from north of Taramarang to the upper slope of a famous Gosaikunda Lake and downward slope of Jugal Himal. The Helambu trek is at the altitude of 800m to 3600m offering little less climbing as well as the warmer temperature. Helambu trek begins from sundarijal about an hour drive from Kathmandu.
The Helambu trek offers pine forest, panoramic Himalayan views, beautiful mountain streams, hard and rugged rocks with snow-capped peaks, grassy land and meadows strewn with daisies and wild animals. There are snow bridges, spinning angry torrends, small lakes with iceberg’s floating on them and crystalline brightness formed by water in the upper part of the valley. This trek is comparatively easier because of less covered area, low attitude, less crowded. This trek is free from any noise in comparison to other trekking.
- Airport pick-up and drop
- Hotel in Kathmandu 2 nights pre and 2 nights pro on sharing basis.
- Salary, Accommodation, and Insurance of trekking guide and porters
- All accommodation during the trek
- All Ground Transportation as per itinerary
- All necessary documents and permits for trekking
- National Park/Conservation Area entry permit.
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag,cap and trekking map.
- Daily Dispatch on WPP website.
- Welcome and farewel dinner
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner),
- Extra night accommodations in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary,
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek,
- Personal trekking equipment,
- All personal expenses, including Nepal Visa (for country entrance),
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance,
- All other additional charges for additional services, including recommended TIP,
Additional tips for tour guide, others as one sees fit,
- Personal purchases.
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits