Bardiya National Park is one of Nepal’s best-kept secrets. Located in the Terai region it is Nepal’s largest national park and wilderness area, protecting 968 km² of sal forest, grassland, savannah, and riverine forest. On the west side, it’s bordered by the Karnali River and it’s bisected by the Babai River in the Bardiya District. The foot of the Siwalik Hills marks the northern boundary of the park. Nepal is not only known for trekking in the snow-capped Himalayas but also an exquisite Jungle Safari through the pristine National parks.
The geography of Nepal is such that the northern side has Himalaya’s whereas the southern lowland commonly known as Terai is densely vegetated with tropical forests providing habitat to a diverse variety of wildlife, flora and different native as well as migratory birds. Nepal has got some exotic Jungle Safari destination in the world. With 14 national parks and wildlife reserves in Nepal, Chitwan National Park, Bardia National Park, and Koshi Tappu Wildlife reserve are best known for the activity of Jungle Safari.
Bardiya National Park tour provides habitat to different rare and endangered wild species which includes Royal Bengal Tiger, One-horned Rhino, Crocodile, Four horned antelope, Striped hyena, Gangetic Dolphin, and many others with 550 species of birds.
About 70% of the park is covered with Sal jungle, the remaining 30% is a mixture of grassland, savannah, and riverine forest. The park contains eight types of ecosystem. The park headquarters are situated at Thakurdwara (also the location of Forest Hideaway) and is surrounded by idyllic villages and fields inhabited by an indigenous ethnic group, the ‘Tharu’.
Originally a hunting reserve, Bardia became a conservation area in 1976 and then attained National Park status in 1988. Presently a plan is being considered to further expand the park both north and eastwards. Conservation is a strong theme within Bardia; the park as well as providing a home habitat for many species also provides an ideal environment for the study of wildlife.
The WWF and the King Mahendra Trust for nature conservation are active in the park monitoring wildlife and breeding habitats. They have also implemented an educational scheme for local people identifying the meaning of, and the need for conservation. Bardia Wildlife Safari is one of the popular tour packages to explore the largest and most undistributed national park of Nepal.
- Flight Ticket to Kathmandu-Nepalgunj -Kathmandu,
- Transportation from Nepalgunj-Bardiaya-Nepalgunj,
- All activities (Elephant safart, Bird watching, Jungle walking, jeep driving),
- Cannoning, Tharu culture dance) are included as per itinerary,
- All necessary monument entrance fee,
- All meal in National Park at Bardia National Park,
- Wildlife reserve entrance and park fee,
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag.
- Meals in Kathmandu (except welcome and farewell dinner),
- Extra night accommodations in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary,
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek – Personal trekking equipment,
- All personal expenses, including Nepal Visa (for country entrance),
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance,
- All other additional charges for additional services, including recommended TIP,
- Additional tips for the tour guide, others as one sees fit,
- Personal purchases.