Gosaikunda also spelled Gosainkunda and Gosain Kunda is an alpine freshwater oligotrophic lake in Nepal’s Langtang National Park, located at an altitude of 4,380 m (14,370 ft) in the Rasuwa District with a surface of 13.8 ha (34 acres). Together with associated lakes, the Gosaikunda Lake complex is 1,030 ha (4.0 sq mi) in size and has been designated a Ramsar site on 29 September 2007.
For many hundred’s of years, pilgrims worldwide have trekked to this region to pay religious respect at many of the 100 glacial fed lakes of Lord Shiva and other Deities. The lakes are situated at about 4400m. It is said that Lord Shiva, after drinking the poisons of the world, drove his three-pronged fork into the earth to drink pure water to quench his thirst or so the myth goes. The sceneries that surround the lake areas are simply amazing.
There is a large rock in the center of the lake, which is said to be the remains of a Shiva shrine. People often claim that they see Shiva lying in the water. Devotes gather here in hordes during the full moon night of August to take a holy dip in the lake.
This is a Pilgrimage trek that also has adventure mixed and takes you to the holy lakes of Gosainkunda. The hike also cuts across high passes with great mountain landscapes in view. It’s a perfect holiday for those seeking adventure amidst the gods of mythology in the beauty of Nepal. This trek will maybe make you a happier person as you venture out to meets the gods on the mountains of Nepal in the Lovely region of Langtang.
It brings the incredible experience of the culture of the ethnic tribe living in the region along with the joyful excitement of beholding breathtaking mountain peaks up close. While exploring Langtang Valley, Kyanging, Kyanging Ri, Laurebina La Pass, Gosaikunda, and several other places, you will be as high as 4,610 meters above the sea level with overnight stops mostly below 4,000 meters. The only place that you spend overnight above 4,000 meters is at Gosaikunda at the elevation of 4,380 meters above sea level.
- Airport – Hotel transfers in KTM
- Hotel in KTM for 2 nights pre and two nights post trek (total 4 nights), including breakfast on a twin-sharing basis
- City tour of Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, and Swyambhunath
- Transportation, tour guide and entrance tickets during the city tour
- Entrance Fee
- Langtang National park entrance fees
- Teahouse trekking accommodations including food
- Guides & porters during the trek.
- Wongchhu Peak Promotion duffel bag and trekking map.
- Salary & insurance for all Nepali staff.
- Welcome & Farewell Dinners
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks on trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- All personal expenses, including Nepal Visa (for country entrance)
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance
- All other additional charges for additional services ( phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, Shower, WIFI etc)
- Tips for guides and porter
- Personal purchases.
Waterproof Hiking shoes
Changing shoes / sandal
T – shirts
Warm fleece Jacket
Waterproof pant and jacket
Good gloves for trek and climb
Personal back pack
Sun block cream
Head lamp / torch
Water bottle -1 liter bottle
Tooth brush and tooth paste
Extra batteries for head lamp/ torch and camera
Extra film rolls/ memory cards (if digital camera )
Battery charger ( if digital camera)
Personal first aid kits