Gosainkunda is an alpine freshwater oligotrophic lake in Nepal’s Langtang National Park, located at an altitude of 4,380 m. (14,370 ft.) in Rasuwa district. The lake melts and sips down to form the Trishuli River and remains frozen for six months in winter October to June.
It takes only 15-20 mins. Heli ride to reach Gosaikunda by Helicopter. During the flight the guests can enjoy the amazing view of the neighboring peaks and the breathtaking scenery while our experienced pilot interacts with them narrating the wonderful journey and makes sure that they are well taken care of.
For many hundred’s of years, pilgrims worldwide have trekked to this region to pay religious respect at many of the 100 glacial fed lakes of Lord Shiva and other Deities. The lakes are situated at about 4400m. It is said that Lord Shiva, after drinking the poisons of the world, drove his three-pronged fork into the earth to drink pure water to quench his thirst or so the myth goes. The sceneries that surround the lake areas are simply amazing.
The Gosaikunda area has been delineated as a religious site. Hindu mythology attributes Gosainkunda as the abode of the Hindu deities: Lord Shiva and Goddess Gauri. The Hindu scriptures “Bhagavata Purana” and “Vishnu Purana” and the Hindu epics “Ramayana” and “Mahabharata” refer to Samundra Manthan, which is directly related to the origin of Gosaikunda. Gosaikunda is believed to have been created by Lord Shiva by thrusting his Trishul (holy trident) into a mountain to extract water.
- Airport – Hotel transfers in KTM
- Hotel in KTM for 4 nights including breakfast on a twin-sharing basis
- City tour of Boudhanath, Pashupatinath & Swyambhunath
- Transportation, tour guide and entrance tickets during the city tour
- Langtang National park entrance fees
- Helicopter flight to Gosainkunda & back to Kathmandu
- Welcome & Farewell Dinners
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks
- All personal expenses
- All other additional charges for additional services ( phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, Shower, WIFI etc)
- Tips for tour guide